Blog

Blog
Blog

Events

Events
Events

About

About
About

PERSISTENCE will PAYOFF


Growing up I can remember my Dad having the television on lock any time his favorite football teams was playing. Back then I use to get so mad at him for not letting my sisters and I watch what we wanted on T.V.. I guess years later I have my Dad to blame for my love of football, my husband loves it!!!. One of the many reasons I grew to love football was that watching a football game with my Dad allowed us to be right under him. For hours as he enjoyed his evening off from work, my sisters and I loved when Dad would try and explain the game to us detail by detail. Watching football along with other sports of his choice was a way my Dad took his some ME time.


Back then we were both rooting for the same team but now we don't. Before I begin I have a little disclaimer, I am a football fan first however my favorite team is The New York Giants. Although my favorite team didn't make it to the playoffs this year (next season is going to be their season!) I still decided to watch the playoffs. Let me just say, ever since watching the Super Bowl last year I have become intrigued by The Seahawks rookie quarterback Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is "THE MAN" ,I believe he is The Man because he is determined to win, displays great strength and the ability to continue in spite of personal obstacles, has strong faith in God and above all he is the definition of PERSISTENCE. It takes a team to work together towards a common goal in order to succeed, however a team is only has great as it's leader. Sunday's playoff game was so filled with Motivational Moments for ME, the game was profound to me for a few reasons. 

I enjoyed the game but the whole time I was watching it felt like God was showing me specifically what PERSISTENCE looks like. If for some strange reason you missed the game, here is a brief recap: The Seattle Seahawks were in a playoff game with The Green Bay Packers and The Seahawks were not able to score during the first half of the game, now this is a big deal especially during a playoff game where each teams gets one chance to earn their place in the Super Bowl. There was even a time during the game when Russell threw an interception (for all my readers who have no idea what an interception is in football world, an interception in football is when a team member throws the ball that is intended for their teammate but someone from the opposing team catches it!) and I thought "Oh Boy! This is not good, it's definitely over for them." 

At that point Russell Wilson and his teammates could have allowed the interception and their current situation of defeat to determine their outcome. What if the Seahawks would have told themselves it's hopeless, let's quit and try again next season? Had they given up on themselves they would not be on their way to Super Bowl XLIX. Russell Wilson and his amazing teammates didn't quit and because of their PERSISTENCE their hard work paid off.

I know some of my readers can care less about football but I hope you get the point. In life we all set our minds on goals and dreams, sometimes we do what we have to and things don't work out the way we've planned so therefore we have to try another way. I know for me, in the past when things didn't go according to my plans I'd get down in my spirit and lose confidence in myself. Sometimes I've even stayed all day in my bed unable to face my family and friends. I would feel like such a loser. It wasn't until I decided to have a different perspective and recondition my thoughts. The bible says " As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he....." Proverbs 23:7 Sometimes, our biggest battles are in our minds. Once we get our minds to a healthy state, every and anything will be possible! We must learn to trust the process and know that no matter what, good will come. I'm learning to live my life by faith and to not allow a little opposition keep me from having the things I truly truly desire. For the record, Is walking by faiith easy? HECK NO! Is it hard? HECK YES! BUT Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!

PERSISTENCE is key to getting all the things we truly desire! If at first we don't succeed, try try again!

1. What would you do it you knew you couldn't fail?

2. Whatever your pursuing, is it worth trying again? If your answer is Yes, then you'll continue.

3. When you don't get the outcome you want, what lessons have you learned in the process?


No comments