Blog

Blog
Blog

Events

Events
Events

About

About
About

3 Day Weight Loss Detox with Dr. Oz


When a friend of mine invited me to join her in being a part of the The Doctor Oz audience I was so excited. Well the funny thing is my friend, Cynthia who invited me never made it so I was there all by myself. 

I met one of the show's producers Jenni who asked if I was looking to lose weight. I told her "Heck yea!" She told me that as long as I was willing to following the detox instructions and come back on the show to share my results I would be one of three women to participate in Doctor Oz's new Weight Loss Detox. 

 First things first was I needed to weigh myself, uurrggghhhh. Anyway, after documented my weight she emailed a shopping list I needed to get in order to participate. Therefore I headed to my favorite supermarket, Trader Joe's and I picked up a few fruits and veggies from the local fruit stands by my house. I was given a 3 Day meal plan that consisted of smoothies for breakfast, juices for lunch and soups for dinner, the list had many meal options to chose from. 

 I was still excited to have been selected to partake in such an awesome program created by Doctor Oz himself but I was a little nervous because this was a liquid meal plan. I was a little hesitant because I enjoy good food and I've tried liquid diets before to no success. After talking to myself for about 25 minutes (we all do this sometimes or another, I am NOT the only person who talks to herself!!!) it was game time. Mind over matter and besides I wanted to have positive results to share on The Doctor Oz show!

May I add, Doctor Oz's studio set is fun fun fun!

My favorite part of the 3 Day Weight Loss Detox was dinner, I enjoyed making the Curried Carrot Soup the best, if was full of flavor and had a little kick of spice. This soup reminded me of a Tai dish, maybe because of the red curry paste and coconut cream. I'm not a fan of carrots but I believe the combination of all the ingredients together contributed to it being delicious. I have definitely added this to my personal soup collection. Unfortunately due to the holidays and getting together with friends I've gained four of the six pounds back. This weekend I'm headed back to Trader Joe's and my local fruit stands to purchase the ingredients in order to go back on the 3 Day Weight Loss Detox. I haven't eaten any meats in the last few days (almost a full week), because a few ladies that I meet from a facebook group have agreed to do a mostly planet based NO MEAT Meal plan for the beginning of the year. I believe incorporating Dr. Oz's meal plan, exercise and a positive mind will assist me as I am still on this journey to lose weight, first things first weight loss is my goal but being healthy is my first priority.









No comments