Blog

Blog
Blog

Events

Events
Events

About

About
About

A New Year Brunching with some Beauties in Harlem, New York- 2016


I woke up one morning and was like, "I'm going to start my New Year off by having Brunch with some Beauties." Instead of me hand-picking who would attend I decided to put the word out on facebook and whoever was meant to be there, would show up! To be honest with you, if no one would have responded I still would have had brunch by myself! I have no problem going out alone, I'm pretty confident doing things alone! The funny thing is I often start out alone but somehow I always seem to meet new amazing people and next thing you know we're just having a good time like we've been friends for years (it's both a gift and a curse, Lol!)

Originally, the plan was to stay in Brooklyn but one of my girlfriends lives in New Jersey and we both suggested The City to make it fair. I'm not sure how we came to the conclusion of Chocolat Restaurant Lounge but I am so glad we did. The place is sexy as heck! Everything about the Restaurant was amazing! We had such a great time. Everyone love the food, I had buttermilk pancakes with southern fried chicken and a side order of grits and cheese. Please don't judge me!!!! Anytime I am at a restaurant and there is grits and cheese on the menu or macaroni and cheese on the menu, understand that Simone is going to order either or or sometimes BOTH. Anyway, the service was great the food was great, the ambiance was great and the company was even better.
My whole purpose of having Brunch the first Saturday of the year wasn't just to indulge in good physical food but also to indulge in good soulful food. I absolutely love being in an atmosphere of fellowship. Anything pertaining to bonding, creating new memories, networking and building relationships intrigue me. I am such a People's Person, it sounds corny but I am. I know that one of my purposes in life is to connect people, I was born to bring people together, I was born to destroy the stereotype that BLACK WOMEN can not get along or that we're secretly in competition with one another. I'm not oblivious to the fact that; Yes, there are some women who do compete with other women or there does exist a small percentage of women who are catty however I honestly believe that we positive women outweigh the negative ones.

In this New Year, I will intentionally invest my time with amazing people. In this New Year I am only interested in quality not quantity. I am trusting God more to lead me to those that He desires me to be lead to and I rest assured that He is leading those to me that He wills to.
 
Our brunch was a success, just from this one meeting we each discovered that collectively we all have something unique and valuable to give to one another. We agreed to meet up again at least once a month, next month February we've decided to meet at a Indian Restaurant in Williamsburg, You're more than welcomed to join us. Once again I will post the invitation on my facebook page and trust that whoever is meant to be there, will be. I have no problem rolling solo either, Lol.

Until next time, here's a little advice from me to you.

Live life to the fullest!
Surround yourself with Ah-Mazing People!
Create New Memories (be mindful that the best moments can't be caught on camera but forever captured in our hearts, everything isn't a facebook picture)
Be forever present in your life, Be aware! Be Alive! Be. Be. Be.....

- Simone S Gray

Simone posing in front of Chocolat Restaurant Lounge

Melonie, Kalia and Felisha enjoying 2 hours of unlimited Mimosas while at The New Year Brunch, Chocolat Restaurant Lounge
Keisha, Simone, Valerie (The Birthday Girl) and Melonie looking cute with their Mimosas.
Rachel giving gems to Valerie and Melonie. Hey Girls!
Happy New Year Simone
Felisha giving Keisha heartfelt words on how valuable their friendship is.

No comments