Blog

Blog
Blog

Events

Events
Events

About

About
About

Get fit with Some ME Time



Last year on February 8, 2015 while my husband was in Jamaica burying his grandfather and our kids were home alone I
passed out in public.  I was rushed to the emergency room where I was told by the Doctor that my health is in danger.  The only thing he prescribed to me was to choose a healthier life style by losing excess weight, being active and to eat healthier.  On that day things could have been worse.  My blood pressure was something like 200/120, my sugar levels was ridiculously high and my iron was low.  I've struggled with maintaining a healthier lifestyle for years but on that day, my body had all my attention. it is in that moment I made a decision to became actively intentional about losing weight, being more active and eating healthier.


I must admit, since losing a total 22 pounds last year I have gotten very complacent.  Towards the end of 2015 my drive and desire to continue on a healthier path was little to none however as soon as February 8th came around this year I was quickly reminded of the promise to God that if he brought me out of this I would honor my body.  There are days when I don't mind heading to the game alone and putting in the work.  There are other days when I don't want to "workout" but just dance.  There are days that I am home and I just blast my music and get up and dance for 30 - 45 minutes ALONE. When my kids are home they know to either let me be or join in.  My husband I must admit, he doesn't pay me any mind at this point he knows me, LOL!

About two weeks ago I was invited to join a group of women in walking on a Sunday morning in Brooklyn, New York.  Little did I realize this walk is a continuous movement for African-American women nationwide. the movement is Girl Trek their mission statement says; "Pioneer a health movement for African-American women and girls grounded in civil rights history and principles through walking campaigns, community leadership, and health advocacy." We walked from Utica and Eastern Parkway to Eastern Parkway and Franklin Avenue and back to Fit 4 Dance, dance studio. Upon our arrival to Fit 4 Dance we were greeted with cheers and high fives!  They had nutritious snacks waiting for us like, yogurt, fruits vegetables, nuts and berries, fruit juice and water.  I was invited to stay to partake in Crystal Wall's MixFitz TURNUP dance workout class.  The workout was AMAZING start to finish!!!! OH EM GEE, I used every part of my body, even my hair!!! I had so much fun dancing that I almost forgot it was a workout session. Although Crystal Wall lives in Houston Texas, she said "she'll be back again to do another class."  I'll be there!!!  Laci Chisholm is the Owner and Instructor of Fit 4 Dance, she has such a sweet presence about her.  Sunday was my first time meeting Laci and attending her dance studio, she was so welcoming and supportive.  She briefly shared her passion of health and wellness with me.  She too understands the struggle of being overweight too because she was once where I am.  I love that she uses her gift of dance and wellness to encourage and inspire women to live healthier lives.  I look forward to attending more of her classes as I am on this journey to finally losing this excess weight.

Throughout 2016, I will discover alternative ways to live a healthier life through workshops, events, gatherings and meet-ups.  It is my pleasure in asking you to join me.  We only have one life to live and I desire to live it to the fullest.


"Dear Friend, I pray that you may prosper in every way and be in good health physically just as you are spiritually." - 3John 1:2

Some ME Time is about living a whole life, spirit mind and body!
Me and some ladies after Crystal Wall's MixFitz TURNUP Dance Class
Me with Laci Chisholm Owner and Instructor of Fit 4 Dance in Brooklyn, New York
Me with Crystal Wall, Owner and Instructor of MixFitz TURNUP Dance Studio located in Houston Texas

No comments