Blog

Blog
Blog

Events

Events
Events

About

About
About

Silent Party Anyone?

The Birthday Girl and My little sister. They're listening to two different DJs
Maybe this "new" wave to party is new to me but I never heard of a Silent Party until a few weeks ago.  To be honest,  when my cousin invited me out to celebrate her birthday with her I wasn't completely thrilled to learn we'll be attending a party where we'd be listening to music by way of headphones.   Seriously, have any of you heard of a "Silent Party/Silent Disco"? At first I asked my cousin what  it's all about? She explained to me that it's a party where everyone wears wireless headphones and dances, I thought the idea was a little stupid.  It just didn't make any sense to me, why am I going to a party with people to wear head phones?  Anyway, because my cousin is one of my favorite people in the world I was open to at least trying it out.  I am so glad I did!  I had a ball!!!
When I first got to the venue the music was loud and I was like "Why do we need headphones if the music is already loud?"



So here's how it works.  Our event was a Day Party with a buffet brunch.  The Silent Party didn't start until about 3:00pm.  There were several announcements letting us know that the silent party was going to begin at 3:00pm, the DJ's were telling us to get our headphones because once they started, the music will only be heard on the headphones.  We had two DJ's, there was suppose to be three but the two we had were good enough.  The headphones are wireless, and in order to from DJ to DJ there is a  switch on the headphones.  One DJ was playing old school music (90's R&B, Reggae and Rap) and the other DJ was playing the latest music.  At some point the venue gets dark so all you really see are red, green and blue lights moving back and forth on peoples head LOL!!!!  At one point I take my headphones off just so my ears can get some air and next thing I know, I see people dancing and I hear them singing off beat.  Since the venue for the most part is quiet, it appears that these people crazy or out of their mind.  It's pretty funny!  I stood looking and laughing at everyone around me because it looked like everyone had lost their mind.  My friends and I kept switching from one DJ to the next, it was like the DJs were competing with one another.
After experiencing a Silent Party I must admit I truly had a good time.  I needed yesterday considering I had a long week.  I would definitely recommend anyone to try it at least once.  It's a different way to party yet it's fun!  I will definitely be trying this again soon.

Once again I enjoyed being in the company of good people creating amazing memories, dancing like no one was watching and enjoying life.  God is Good!


The venue we went to was Suite 36 in Midtown New York.  The Promoters for this were The Knockout Boyz of Gentlemen Demeanor. 
Picture
The Wireless Headphones. Each DJ had their own color and this time Green was Silent
My sisters and I We're all in the blue.
The Birthday Girl and I We're enjoying two different tunes!
Everyone is in the own zone at Suite 36, New York, NY
It's always a celebration when my family and I come together.
Yes, Hunny! I was in the zone....
The Ladies!!!! Suite 36, New York, NY

No comments