Blog

Blog
Blog

Events

Events
Events

About

About
About

Dream Girl Dream

Most people when they hear Friday the 13th they instantly believe it to represent a day of bad luck, superstitions and horror films, well for me Friday the 13th will forever be a reminder to me of unusual blessings!!!! This past Friday was so amazing, as I think back even now I am overwhelmed with so many feelings, God is GREAT!!!!


Last year a man by the name of Pernell S. Brice III hosted a small workshop at my church to teach us about possible funding for budding Entrepreneurs. I've kept in contact with him ever since. He is a part of an organization that is truly doing some amazing things in Brooklyn, New York.

For the past two weeks I have been intensely and actively working with some amazing people, they have mentored me personally and prepared me to pitch my business idea to MILLIONAIRE Business Investors. Can you imagine? I know it's all God, never in a million years would I have imagined that I would be personally mentored by individuals with such a prestigious resume. Di-Ann Eisnor the creator of the awesome WAZE app and Co-Founder of one of my favorite concepts MeetUp.com, invested her time and energy preparing me to share my Business (Some ME Time) with some amazing people. I promise you, the last two weeks were intense yet amazing, I learned so much about myself. Being a TOP 8 Finalist out of over 200+ applicants was such a blessing. The whole process has pushed me to work harder, I tapped into areas of my life that needed to be addressed, I entered into very uncomfortable situations and my level of complacency was destroyed. I found that when I didn't know what to do I would "self sabotage". I am so thankful that my husband was bold enough to call me out! Every time I wanted to give up (in my mind I had every valid excuse to why I should give up and try again next time) my husband pushed me harder and harder. Although I was frustrated and annoyed with myself and the pressure my husband was putting on me I kept going! I made a decision to not tell anyone what I was working on, because I am a very open person God has taught me balance. His still voice has guided me on when to confide in friends and when to take it to Him (I am still learning!) Every time I wanted to share something about this opportunity with my friends or vent about how frustrated I was, I turned my words into a prayer, a prayer of thanksgiving and a prayer for guidance. All of prayers gave me something, whether it was clarity, creativity, strength or belief in myself, God was there for me in ways that my friends would not have been able to be!!!

Shark Tank comes meets Brooklyn Dreamer
Each finalist had five minutes to pitch their business idea, to five judges (one of the judges was Nadia Lopez of Brooklyn, New York) I remember as the time got closer for me to pitch my baby (Some ME Time is my BABY) I was overcome with fear. During rehearsal one of my prep coaches by the name of Leah, looked me straight in my eyes and said "Simone, this is your baby!!! No one can tell you anything about your baby, you were born for this!" although the words came from Leah, it was a clear sign from God that I can do this!!!!!!

Well, Honey when it was my turn, I gave it my all!!! It was like when a woman is in labor and the doctor says "Come on, I see the head, give me one big push." next thing you know that baby is here.

Although I didn't win the top prize, I am still a WINNER!!!!

God is so Good!!!!!

In closing, Be encouraged! Step outside of the Norm! Take advantage of all Opportunities when they present themselves, Know that it's not always about Winning it's about showing up and being present!!!! The thing that God has given you, communicate with Him and get instructions and guidance from Him once you do, watch what happens!!!

Be Blessed!
Simone S. Gray

No comments